Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market is expected to rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 9.13 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 with the annual sales of USD 5.95 billion in the year 2018. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients. Global Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Market By Drug Type (Endothelin Receptor Antagonists (ERAs), Vasodilators, Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors, Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Stimulators, Calcium Channel Blockers, Prostacyclin & prostacyclin analogs, Others), Route of administration (Inhalation, Injectable, Oral administration), End-users (Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
A few of the major competitors currently working in the pulmonary arterial hypertension market are Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Switzerland), DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED. (Japan), GlaxoSmithKline plc. (UK), Novartis AG (Switzerland), United Therapeutics Corporation (US), Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US), Asklepion Pharmaceuticals, LLC.(US), AstraZeneca (UK), Bayer AG (Germany), Berlin Cures GmbH (Germany), DEKA Research & Development Corp. (US), Dong- A ST (South Korea), Eiger BioPharmaceuticals (US), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (US), Lung Biotechnology PBC (US), Merck KGaA (Germany), Northern Therapeutics, Inc. (Canada), Pfizer Inc. (US), PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US), Radikal Therapeutics (US), Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US), and North Carolina Biotechnology Center (US) few among others.
Market Definition: Global Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market
Pulmonary hypertension is a condition in which the blood pressure of the lung vasculature rises above 15-20mmHg due to multiple reasons including rigidness of pulmonary artery that carries blood to lungs from right ventricle. It causes shortness of breath, fainting and even leads to cardiac arrest.
According to various sources including WHO and CDC, around 115,000- 231,000 people are affected by pulmonary hypertension, that is about 15-30 patients per million of the population, almost more than half of these cases could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical treatment for healthcare procedures. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- Increase in the prevalence rate of the disease.
- Rise in healthcare spending and huge pipeline molecules will drive the growth of the market.
- Change in the lifestyle of population that includes tobacco consumption, low air quality index in urban areas.
- Lack of awareness in people.
- Unsuccessful clinical trials will restrain the growth of the market.
Segmentation: Global Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market
By Drug Class
- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists (ERAs)
- Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors
- Soluble Guanylate Cyclase (sGC) Stimulators
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Prostacyclin and prostacyclin analogs
- Others (anticoagulants, diuretics, and cardiac glycosides)
By Route of Administration
- Oral administration
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- On 22nd March, 2016, Actelion Ltd announced that, Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of Australia and the New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority (Medsafe) have granted approval for Uptravi (selexipag) for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- On 15th November 2018, Arena Pharmaceuticals and United Therapeutics entered into an exclusive license agreement related to ralinepag, which is currently being evaluated for the treatment of PAH. Under the agreement, United Therapeutics got an exclusive and irrevocable license to develop, manufacture and commercialize ralinepag in any formulation for pulmonary hypertension.
Global pulmonary arterial hypertension market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of pulmonary arterial hypertension market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global pulmonary arterial hypertension market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)
About Data Bridge Market Research:
An absolute way to forecast what future holds is to comprehend the trend today!
Data Bridge set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge is an aftermath of sheer wisdom and experience which was formulated and framed in the year 2015 in Pune. We ponder into the heterogeneous markets in accord with our clients needs and scoop out the best possible solutions and detailed information about the market trends. Data Bridge delve into the markets across Asia, North America, South America, Africa to name few.
Data Bridge adepts in creating satisfied clients who reckon upon our services and rely on our hard work with certitude. We are content with our glorious 99.9 % client satisfying rate.
Data Bridge Market Research
US: +1 888 387 2818
UK: +44 208 089 1725
Hong Kong: +852 8192 7475
Email: [email protected]